1. Welcome to MPIUA’s website. We appreciate your interest in us. When you visit and navigate our site and when you communicate with us via our site, we will not collect personal information about you, unless you provide us that information voluntarily. If you provide personal information to us voluntarily via our website, we will not sell, license or transmit that information outside of MPIUA unless we do so in accordance with an express authorization you have given us. Also, in some cases, we may disclose information to our contractors or agents or to your broker for the purpose of enabling them to perform their jobs as it relates to you. We will disclose information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and will instruct the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided.
2. By “personal information”, we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, social security number, or telephone number. From time to time, we may request personal information from you at our site in order to deliver requested materials to you, respond to your questions, or deliver a product or service.
3. Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not e-mail or communicate information over the Internet to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on our site.
4. You should also be aware that when you visit our website, we collect certain information that does not identify your personally, but provides us with “usage data”, such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited often. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide at these website.
5. From time to time, the website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by MPIUA, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-MPIUA websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by MPIUA of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
6. The descriptions of the MPIUA products and services mentioned in this site, such as the terms, coverages, conditions, limits and exclusions of the products and services, are provided for general information and illustration purposes only. The documents, policies and other materials that will be issued to you for those MPIUA products and services that you select will contain the actual terms, coverages, conditions, limits and exclusions that will apply. You should review carefully all of the materials supplied to you. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact your broker or MPIUA.
7. For certain types of communications through this site, MPIUA may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection and/or may require you to use user identification (“userIDs”) and passwords. You are responsible to protect your userIDs and passwords from disclosure to third parties and you are not permitted to avoid the use of required encryption technologies. While MPIUA may provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption and/or errors.
8. MPIUA may change this Statement from time to time without notice. This Statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.